Gebruikersnaam:   Wachtwoord:   Gratis Registreren | Wachtwoord vergeten?
Rechtenforum.nl
Rechtenforum.nl Rechtenforum.nl

Controle paneel
Registreren Registreren
Agenda Agenda
Help Help
Zoeken Zoeken
Inloggen Inloggen

Partners
Energie vergelijken
Internet vergelijken
Hypotheekadviseur
Q Scheidingsadviseurs
Vergelijk.com

Rechtsbronnen
Rechtspraak
Kamervragen
Kamerstukken
AMvBs
Beleidsregels
Circulaires
Koninklijke Besluiten
Ministeriële Regelingen
Regelingen PBO/OLBB
Regelingen ZBO
Reglementen van Orde
Rijkskoninklijke Besl.
Rijkswetten
Verdragen
Wetten Overzicht

Wettenbundel
Awb - Algm. w. best...
AWR - Algm. w. inz...
BW Boek 1 - Burg...
BW Boek 2 - Burg...
BW Boek 3 - Burg...
BW Boek 4 - Burg...
BW Boek 5 - Burg...
BW Boek 6 - Burg...
BW Boek 7 - Burg...
BW Boek 7a - Burg...
BW Boek 8 - Burg...
FW - Faillissement...
Gemw - Gemeente...
GW - Grondwet
KW - Kieswet
PW - Provinciewet
WW - Werkloosheid...
Wbp - Wet bescherm...
IB - Wet inkomstbel...
WAO - Wet op de arb..
WWB - W. werk & bij...
RV - W. v. Burgerlijk...
Sr - W. v. Strafrecht
Sv - W. v. Strafvor...

Visie
Werkgevers toch ...
Waarderingsperik...
Het verschonings...
Indirect discrim...
Een recht op ide...
» Visie insturen

Rechtennieuws.nl
Loods mag worden...
KPN bereikt akko...
Van der Steur wi...
AKD adviseert de...
Kneppelhout beno...
» Nieuws melden

Snellinks
EUR
OUNL
RuG
RUN
UL
UM
UU
UvA
UvT
VU
Meer links

Rechtenforum
Over Rechtenforum
Maak favoriet
Maak startpagina
Mail deze site
Link naar ons
Colofon
Meedoen
Feedback
Contact

Recente topics
VA loan rates ...
180-dagen rege...
reparatiehuwel...
Res Nullius ?
proces verbaal...

Carrière
Boekel De Nerée
CMS DSB

Content Syndication

Het is nu do 28 mrt 2024 19:25
Bekijk onbeantwoorde berichten

Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur

Robbed of Housing Deposit/Huurwet Aanbetaling ?
Moderator: Moderator Team

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats reactie Pagina 1 van 1
Printvriendelijk | E-mail vriend(in) Vorige onderwerp | Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
gyarreto

Leeftijd: 27
Geslacht: Man
Sterrenbeeld: Weegschaal
Studieomgeving (BA): OU

BerichtGeplaatst: wo 11 jul 2018 13:49    Onderwerp: Robbed of Housing Deposit/Huurwet Aanbetaling ? Reageer met quote Naar onder Naar boven

Hi,
I'am 21 years old and an international student here in Deventer, Saxion. I have no one else to turn too because I lack the network/connection with other law students/professionals in such a small city. And recently my landlord has taken 150 euro out of my deposit without any consideration.

I live in a student housing where about a week ago the fire alarm had malfunction and repeatedly kept turning on 4x in a row in 2am to 4am, in the following day I had an exam and I could not properly manage due to the alarm. One of my flatmate proceeded to contact the care-takers (person in charge), but nothing was done for the day. And the following night the fire alarm started again at around 12 midnight, I also had another exam in the coming day. This time I detached the fire alarm properly so it would stop making noises. When the care-takers found out that I had taken off my fire alarm, they then deduced my deposit for 150 euro.

I believe I have been robbed of my deposit due to their failings in providing a properly functioning fire alarm, which then done harm to me affecting my performance in my exams. Moreover, they decided to take 150 euro away from me for their failings. And there was no damage done physically to their house, so what evidence do they have in calculating specifically 150 euro as a deduction for turning off the fire alarm.

Sadly because I live in an international housing, all of the students here are from outside of Europe, and we understand the Saxion international housing knows this and takes full advantage of our disadvantage. They do what they want and take away amounts of our deposits just as they deem fit without considering our end or their failings in managing a household. There is many occurrence where the hot water they promised to facilitate us did not work, even in Winter times. Or that they do not manage a house filled with 30 people all sharing the same facilities, they don't enforce their house rules. Even loud neighbors they do not address and expect us to simply cope with what they give. Also, I have many of my friends that moves out are suddenly told that they had broke the fridge / etc and charge them in their deposit. I believe they are taking an advantage of us internationals.

In my own research I have contacted an online lawyer which stated that a deposit should be deduced accordingly to the damage that was done with evidence.
Is there any law supporting this, on which article? Perhaps if anyone here knows of it. Also in the TenancyLaw I found in (My Rights As A Tenant Europe), page 582 on the Netherlands section is that this is a noise defect which is due to the Lessor/Landlord and is liable for a type C defect (noise defect) which affect my state as a tenant. (http://www.tenlaw.uni-bremen.de/My%20Ri ... Europe.pdf)

I hope by this forum there are some people willing to give out some direction as what exactly is the tenant law in the Netherlands perhaps about deposits specifically. Because I don't know which book of law to look too in this case. Please help, I feel that these people are taking an advantage of me due to my nature of being an international students.
Bekijk profiel Stuur privé bericht
@Paul

Leeftijd: 122
Geslacht: Man
Sterrenbeeld: Maagd

BerichtGeplaatst: vr 13 jul 2018 14:04    Onderwerp: Reageer met quote Naar onder Naar boven

Quote:
Moreover, they decided to take 150 euro away from me for their failings. And there was no damage done physically to their house, so what evidence do they have in calculating specifically 150 euro as a deduction for turning off the fire alarm.

Altough this is a Dutch forum, I'll answer in Englisch.
Get me a copy of ure contract, ore read it Good ure self, is there something said about turning off alarms.

My 5 cents:
- Write a registred letter, which states that if sche does not return the deposit within 5 working days, u'll prosecute her.
- Also write, that u keep her liable for the intrest and costs that u have to make.

If needed, I will do ure case. The advantace is that when the court says she is in the wrong, the other party is responsible to pay, (part) of my legal costs.
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats reactie Pagina 1 van 1

Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur

Wie zijn er online?
Leden op dit forum: Geen

U mag geen nieuwe onderwerpen plaatsen
U mag geen reacties plaatsen
U mag uw berichten niet bewerken
U mag uw berichten niet verwijderen
U mag niet stemmen in polls

Ga naar:  

Home | Over Rechtenforum.nl | Agenda | Visie | Downloads | Links | Mail deze site | Contact

Sites: Rechtennieuws.nl | Jure.nl | Maxius.nl | Parlis.nl | Rechtenforum.nl | Juridischeagenda.nl | Juridica.nl | MijnWetten.nl | AdvocatenZoeken.nl

© 2003 - 2018 Rechtenforum.nl | Gebruiksvoorwaarden | Privacyverklaring | RSS feeds