Information on burqa
Selecteer berichten van
# tot #
Afdrukken

Rechtenforum.nl -> Breaking the cycle

#1: Information on burqa Auteur: dmUCU BerichtGeplaatst: za 05 sep 2009 2:06
    —
Dear sirs:

I'm a student at the Catholic university in Uruguay, South America. I am doing a research about the conflicts the use of the muslim clothing has caused in European countries. I heard some lawsuits had been presented in order to solve the conflict of rights. Where can I access those lawsuits in English, since my Dutch is impossible!!

Many thanks!

#2:  Auteur: tikSimone BerichtGeplaatst: za 05 sep 2009 8:53
    —
Dear dmUCU, does your question pertain to the burqa or to muslim clothing (like for example the headscarf) in general?

You can not find Dutch case law in English. However, a useful source for you would be HUDOC, where your can find the ECHR case law.

An example is the case Leyla Sahin vs Turkey.

Also http://www.ssrn.com/ might be a useful source, as some of the papers mention case law.

#3:  Auteur: dmUCU BerichtGeplaatst: za 05 sep 2009 16:33
    —
tikSimone schreef:
Dear dmUCU, does your question pertain to the burqa or to muslim clothing (like for example the headscarf) in general?

You can not find Dutch case law in English. However, a useful source for you would be HUDOC, where your can find the ECHR case law.

An example is the case Leyla Sahin vs Turkey.

Also http://www.ssrn.com/ might be a useful source, as some of the papers mention case law.

Actually, the study is about the clothes that cover the head of women completely.

If the case is published in Dutch, I can request the Embassy of Koningkijk der Nederlander in Montevideo for its translation...

The information has been very useful for me. Many thanks!

#4:  Auteur: tikSimone BerichtGeplaatst: zo 06 sep 2009 9:17
    —
You can also contact the institute of Islamic Studies of Leiden University. Ask for somebody from the Vereniging tot bestudering van het Recht van de Islam en het Midden Oosten (RIMO). A contact email that I saw was n.m.dessing@religion.leidenuniv.nl.

Rechtenforum.nl -> Breaking the cycle

Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur

Pagina 1 van 1

© 2003 - 2005 Rechtenforum.nl